This past year we shared over 30 do it yourself projects and like anything I do have a few favourites. Listed below are my top five do it yourself projects of 2012 and the reason why they made my favourites list!
1. Quill Me Maybe – I think this is such a beautiful décor piece. You can create your own letters or symbols to use in your wedding and then incorporate it into your home décor as a reminder of your wedding day.
2. Yarn Balls – This DIY was so much fun to make and one of the reasons I had to include it! Another reason why I love these yarn balls is because they can be used in so many unique ways. They can be used as décor accent on a table, string them with lights and hang them or stick a little gift inside to use them as party favours!
3. Wedding Wand – Being the girl who once upon a time ran around the house-playing princess I loved creating this DIY and I will admit that I spent the rest of my day waving it around! Make them for your guests to wave around after the ceremony or it could also be an amazing gift for the flower girl and all of the little princesses who attend your wedding.
4. Snow White Inspired Centrepiece – This centrepiece is dramatic and easy to make. I love that you can also add your own twist to it by making a few simple changes; for example, use natural branches and wire fresh flowers onto the branches to create a fresh spring centrepiece!
5. Last Minute Holiday Gift. I think this is a sweet and delicious gift idea that can be given as a gift any time of the year. And hopefully the person who receives this gift will be just as sweet and share the goodies once they have been made!
Taking inspiration from the beloved vintage theme Jenelle Jamani from Event Planning Headquarters created this tranquil Victorian fall tablescape.
Set in front of a full voile backdrop with beaded curtains this table would be the perfect choice for the bride who wants a Victorian atmosphere with a splash of colour at their reception.
To keep the banquet table open an ornate centrepiece was placed together in the middle of the table. This romantic centrepiece was created using an assortment of vases, urns and flowers with princess cut votives scattered across the middle of the entire table.
Ashley Domingues graduated from Toronto’s York University with her Bachelor of Arts degree; after relocating to Edmonton she received her certification with the Wedding Planner’s Institute of Canada. Since founding Simply Unique Weddings in 2008 she has been helping brides bring their wedding visions to life.
“I believe that each and every wedding should be a one-of-a kind experience and that your wedding should be a symbolic representation of you, the couple.” – Ashley Domingues of Simply Unique Weddings
Ashley loves that, as a wedding coordinator, she gets the opportunity to be a part of one of the most memorable and special days in a couple’s life, their wedding day. Through personalized and creative services Simply Unique Weddings will help you to create a day as unique as you.
To learn more about Ashley and Simply Unique Weddings please visit her website or Facebook page. Be sure to stop by our showroom this month to view Ashley’s, of Simply Unique Weddings, romantic tablescape!
We have been experiencing extremely gorgeous, almost tropical weather this week and what better way to embrace the warm weather then having a luau! Create this simple and theme appropriate centrepiece for your next luau!
You will need the following items:
One lantern per centrepiece
One grass lay per centrepiece
Two bunches of tropical silk flowers per centrepiece
Step 1: Place your lantern in the center of your table
Step 2: Wrap the grass lay around the base of the lantern
Step 3: Pull the flowers off their stems so you are left with just the flower heads.
Step 4: Scatter 6 flower heads in the grass lay
Be sure to check back tomorrow when we will showcase our Hawaiian luau tent.
A great addition to our already popular line of urn centrepieces and aisle markers are the new Chrome Urn and Athens Urn. The chrome urn offers a modern edge to your décor while the Athens urn provides a taste of the classics to your next event.
Create a fast and easy centrepeice with your favorite urn by simply placing a silk Floral Ball or a floral arrangement from your florist on top of your chosen urn for a dramatic effect.
Urns can be used in a variety of ways and provide an elegance to any event! Click here to see how we paired our athens urn with our amber glassware.