Get your invitations personalized by your local stationary business or create your own with easy do-it-yourself invitation bundles found at places like Edmonton Wedding and Party Centre or your local craft store. If you decide to make your invitations at home, be sure to do some research on invitation guidelines.
Below is a list of a few invitation formalities.
- Spell out all words and numbers. Do not use abbreviations.
- Do not include registry or wishing well information anywhere on your invitation. If you are registered or would prefer donations spread the word through word of mouth and/or include the information on your wedding blog. Even though it might be easy to add this information on your invitation, some guests may find it greedy and take offence.
- Inform your guests if a full meal will be scheduled or not.
- Indicate on your invitations if it’s a “black tie” on the lower right corner of the invitation to help your guests pick an outfit.
- All delivery addresses should be hand written to each guest.
- If you would like to include children at your reception, include the children’s name on the inner envelope. If children are not permitted do not include their names on the invitation; however, if you think some guests won’t understand the subtle hint, give those few a quick call to ensure they understand.
Favours should reflect the wedding theme or personality of the newlywed couple. An always-dependable favour is to insert some tasty treats inside little tie bags or boxes. Rally a helpful team of friends and/or family about a month before your wedding to help assemble your wedding favour boxes. You can also personalize your favours by adding tags with your monogrammed initials, wedding date, or a sweet note of appreciation.
To create the favour boxes above you require the following items:
- Small boxes
- Ribbon in your décor colours
- An assortment of buttons
- Adhesive half pearls
Step 1: Assemble your boxes
Step 2: Tape or glue the ribbon around the box
Step 3: Glue two – three buttons on the top of each box
Step 4: Place the adhesive half pearls on the top of each box in your desired pattern