Needing a quick last minute Christmas gift idea that is also inexpensive? This homemade nutella stuffed sea salt chocolate chip cookie ingredient mason jar is a delicious and quick last minute Christmas gift that any cookie lover would appreciate. And who doesn’t like cookies?
You will need the following Ingredients:
• Large mason jar
• 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
• 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• 1 ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
• ¼ cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Step 1: Begin by gathering all the highlighted dry ingredients.
Step 2: Pour 1 cup of flour into the base of your jar. Pat the jar firmly on the side to remove any air pockets or bubbles. This will make the flour more condensed.
Step 3: Add 1 cup of chocolate chips as your second layer.
Step 4: For your third layer add 1 ¼ cup brown sugar in and pack down using a spoon our your fingers. Try to make it as even as possible.
Step 5: Add ¼ white sugar, ¼ teaspoons of regular sugar and 1 ¼ teaspoon of baking soda followed the remaining 1 ¼ cup of flour as your last layer.
Step 6: Secure the mason jar lid on and move on to decorating your jar!
You will need the following Items to decorate your jar:
• A cotton fabric with a print you like
• Medium size plate
• 1 elastic band
• Rope that is 3’ long
• 1” thick ribbon that is 9” long
• 2 pearl pins
• Scrapbook paper with ornaments on it
• Tiny Ziploc bags
• 2 tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
Step 1: Take your medium sized plate (salad or dessert plate) and place it upside down on the cotton fabric. Trace a circle on the back side of your cotton fabric and cut out the circle. You will want to make a slightly larger circle with the tulle.
Step 2: Place the smaller cotton circle overtop of the tulle circle and secure both over the mason jar lip with an elastic. Take the rope and place it underneath the elastic band and wrap it around the jar once. Tie it in a knot and cut off the remaining rope. Remove the elastic band.
Step 3: Place 2 teaspoons of coarse sea salt into the small Ziploc bag. You will want to create a label for the sea salt so the gift receiver knows what it is. Take a pearl pin and secure the top of the Ziploc bag to the fabric and directly into the knot.
Step 4: Cut out Ornaments from scrapbook paper. If you don’t have scrapbook ornament paper you can print ornaments from the internet. Once you have cut out two ornaments stick your remaining pearl pin in at the top.
Step 5: Take your 1” thick ribbon and fold it over twice, this will create a 3” long figure eight. Take the pearl pin with the ornaments and weave it through the centre of the ribbon. Push the ribbon up the pin to create a bow and secure it above the salt bag on the mason jar.
Step 6: You will want to create a card which holds the instructions. You can use the template below or create your own vision. Give it as a card as we have shown or make your instructions small and attach it to the jar!
Nutella Stuffed Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie instructions
Ingredients: 1 cup unsalted butter, 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 jar of Nutella that has been chilled in the refrigerator Instructions:
1. whisk your melted butter, egg, yolk, vanilla and yogurt until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly whisking until mixed. Gently fold in all of the chocolate chips.
2. Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator or place in the freezer for 30 minutes if you’re super eager.
3. Once the dough is chilled roll 1 ½ tablespoon of it in your hand and then flatten the dough. Take one scope of your chilled Nutella and place it in the middle. Fold the dough around the Nutella so it doesn’t fall out. Press the cookie half way down gently.
4. Bake the cookies for 9 – 11 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the edges are golden brown.
5. Lastly sprinkle the baked cookies with a little sea salt.